November 1, 2021
ONE PAN VEGGIE CHICKPEA FLOUR FRITTATA
My favorite meals are simple and timesaving. I love a quick soup or stew, something that can easily rest on the stove and be ready when dinner rolls around. But in my house, these meals happen so frequently that even I tire of them sometimes!
One of my favorite alternatives is an easy, breakfast for dinner remedy, Veggie Chickpea Flour Frittata. I love it, my husband loves it and even my toddler daughter loves it!
It’s a great way to pack in a ton of veggies for your overall health and use veggies before they spoil. This simple one pan dish is quick, easy and warming especially on cool winter nights. It also easily stores in the fridge for up to three days and can be reheated for an afternoon snack.
How to make it:
1) Chop up your favorite veggies, about 2 cups worth. I love to include onion, spinach, tomatoes and zucchini. Feel free to add any other random veggies that you might have in the fridge that need to be eaten soon too. Chop the onion and spinach finely and leave the other veggies in half inch pieces. Toss in a bowl and salt lightly.
2) In a separate bowl mix:
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- pepper, cayenne and other seasonings to taste or to fit your family
3) Pour mixture over the veggies and stir.
4) Pour mixture into a greased pie pan.
5) Heat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 45-50min.
Hope you enjoy!
For more of my recipes, make sure to check out our Yoga Detox 30 Program. This program was designed to be powerful both inside and out and in addition to power yoga, wisdom talks and journaling exercises, includes a nutritional guide with plenty of recipe ideas!