Holistic Yoga Flow: The Path of Practice takes you on an in-depth journey through the philosophy and practice of yoga. This book artfully explores the history, the postures and the business of yoga – and much more. It is for students and aspiring teachers who are passionate about deepening their practice.
Yoga instructors Travis Eliot and Lauren Eckstrom guide you through the ancient teachings of yoga using a distinctly modern approach. Featuring stunning photography and clear, accessible language, the book is divided into sections covering the history and philosophy of yoga, the physical practice and teaching Holistic Yoga Flow.
– Paperback book orders are shipped within 5 days of purchase. The total price is shown after selecting your shipping method.
– Domestic: choose between USPS economy (Media Mail), USPS Priority or UPS Ground.
– International: sent via USPS First Class International Package service and may take 2-4 weeks due to postal service delays. Shipping restrictions may apply to your region (including non-delivery to PO Boxes). Please confirm that you can accept international packages to your address from USPS before ordering.
– If you’re not given a shipping method, please contact customer service with your shipping address for a custom quote.
– At this time we are unable to ship to Australia.
“This book will give all who read it a very comprehensive understanding of this vast subject of yoga.”
“Truly a manual for our times, modern and hip, yet rooted in classical yoga.”
“Within these pages is the past, present and future of yoga.”
The popularity of yoga is at an all-time high, and there’s good reason for this. We live in an age in which tremendous amounts of stress and responsibility are placed upon us. Each day, exciting information and stimulation bombard us from the moment we wake to the moment we sleep, creating strain on our bodies, minds and nervous systems.
Our intention is to enrich, empower, motivate and inspire you to evolve deeper into your yoga journey. Whether you are a student who wants to learn more or a teacher looking for clarity and inspiration, we hope you will find this book to be a resource that fulfills your needs.
Yoga is the perfect antidote to this onslaught. It strengthens and stretches every link of the bodily chain, dissolves tension and eradicates stress, bringing us back to wholeness. Instead of being divided, we become united. We find balance and harmony. This allows us not just to survive but to thrive in all aspects of our lives — career, relationships, athletics, school studies and much, much more.
Holistic Yoga Flow has evolved organically from our experience working with thousands of students in classes, workshops, teacher trainings and retreats all over the world. Whether you are a beginner or a longtime student, the teachings of Holistic Yoga Flow will be potent and life changing!
Holistic Yoga Flow strengthens and invigorates the body through power vinyasa. Power vinyasa encompasses strength, balance, flexibility, stamina and detoxification, all within the context of a seamless, unbroken flow that links breath with movement. We like to think of it as an athletic meditation in motion. Holistic Yoga Flow goes beyond the physical to incorporate pranayama, chanting, meditation, subtle anatomy, philosophy, mythology, Ayurvedic medicine and lifestyle components.